Corinna Vinschen wrote: > > On Jan 21 21:08, Pierre A. Humblet wrote: > > Attention maintainers making use of minires: > > > > I have a new test version, minires-0.98, which interfaces to the > > built-in Windows resolver, on systems starting with Windows 2000. > > Cool! > > Is there some sort of debug mode which I could switch on so that > I can see which set of functions it uses?
You can use the RES_DEBUG bit in the state "options" member to get debug output on stderr. Set it before calling res_init() to watch the initialization phase (registry lookup etc..). If you "make try" in the source package, you get try_stat.exe and try_dll.exe. You can then type "try_xxx domain type" to exercise minires with debugging enabled and see all the details (e.g. "try_stat cygwin.com 15" to get the MX records). The new Windows interface simply maps the res_nquery() call into the DnsQuery() Windows call with flag DNS_QUERY_TREAT_AS_FQDN. It also uses DnsRecordListFree(). Pierre
