On Sat, 14 Feb 2004, Jari Aalto+mail.linux wrote:

> I have been having trouble find manual pages with man for some time,
> but I haven't had time to investigate it further, because
>
>     unset MANPATH
>
> always restored the functionality. Today I found out that the variable
> was defined in
>
>     [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/etc/profile.d# grep MANPATH *.sh
>     XFree86-man.sh:export MANPATH="${MANPATH}:/usr/X11R6/man"
>     openssl.sh:export MANPATH="${MANPATH}:/usr/ssl/man"
>
> I don't think XFree86-man or openssl should define MANPATH, because
> if it is set, all break in /usr/share/misc/man.conf.
> [snip]
> Would the maintainers check the latest packages. In the mean time I'm
> removing these *.sh files.
>
> Jari

FWIW, the current version of the man package already has both of the above
paths in /usr/share/misc/man.conf, so the /etc/profile.d scripts should be
removed...
        Igor
-- 
                                http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
ZZZzz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_            [EMAIL PROTECTED]
     |,4-  ) )-,_. ,\ (  `'-'           Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
    '---''(_/--'  `-'\_) fL     a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-.  Meow!

"I have since come to realize that being between your mentor and his route
to the bathroom is a major career booster."  -- Patrick Naughton

Reply via email to