* Tue 2004-02-17 Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha <AT> cs.nyu.edu> list.cygwin-apps * Message-Id: <Pine.GSO.4.56.0402171139310.28780 <AT> slinky.cs.nyu.edu> | On Tue, 17 Feb 2004, Jari Aalto+mail.linux wrote: | | > MS-Word reader which can convert documents from Word 2, 6, 7, 97, | > 2000, and 2002 to text and Postscript. The layout of the document is | > kept intact if possible. | > | > http://freshmeat.net/projects/antiword/ | > | > wget --non-verbose \ | > http://tierra.dyndns.org:81/cygwin/antiword/antiword-0.35-1-src.tar.bz2 \ | > http://tierra.dyndns.org:81/cygwin/antiword/antiword-0.35-1.tar.bz2 \ | > http://tierra.dyndns.org:81/cygwin/antiword/setup.hint | > | > Let there be choices. Choose the one that is better suited for | > *.doc: catdoc or antiword. If the other did not do well, then try with | > the other. Word files differ great deal. | | Jari, | | Whoa there, hold your horses! Next time you plan to propose a package, | why not take a look at <http://cygwin.com/packages/> to see if it's maybe | already there? ;-)
Right. I assumed Cygwin didn't have antiword, because I couldn't run it from bash. I assumed I had installed everything from setup.exe My mistake, I forgot to download antiword .... Please forget/ignore this port. Jari -- http://tiny-tools.sourceforge.net/ Swatch @time http://www.mir.com.my/iTime/itime.htm http://www.ryanthiessen.com/swatch/resources.htm Use Licenses! http://www.linuxjournal.com/article.php?sid=6225 Which Licence? http://www.linuxjournal.com/article.php?sid=4825 OSI Licences http://www.opensource.org/licenses/
