John Hardin wrote: > Just ran across a bug in ssmtp-config that brings up an issue in > build-a-config-file interview scripts in general: > > If the user makes an error typing in a config setting, and (naturally > enough) hits the backspace key to fix it, ssmtp-config (and probably > many other similar scripts as well) will embed a literal backspace in > the configuration setting - in other words, they're using raw input > rather than cooked.
I'll note that the bug does not manifest (for me) using rxvt. > I would like to suggest to all who are writing interview scripts that > they should use "read -e VARNAME" instead of "read VARNAME" to get data > from the user. "read -e" uses the readline library which, among other > things, properly handles backspaces. I'll make this change and submit a new package in a week or so, unless anyone can think of any problem with this approach. Robert
