On Mon, 2020-04-06 at 15:33 -0400, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> I'm currently attempting to deprecate a number of older software stacks
> in order to narrow down the maintenance burden of Cygwin.  As part of
> dropping Qt/KDE 3 and 4, nas/libaudio could also be dropped, except
> that libao still has a NAS backend enabled.
>
> Given that, could you please rebuild libao w/o the NAS backend?  At the
> same time, perhaps the ESD backend should be replaced by the Pulse
> backend, since libesd is just a compat client for PulseAudio at this
> point?  There are also a few patches which you'll want to include if
> you haven't already:
>
> https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/libao/tree/master

David,

Thanks for updating libao.  Since it wasn't enabled in 1.1.0-3, I
neglected to mention that aRts is also being dropped as part of KDE 3.
Could I bother you to rebuild libao one more time without the aRts
backend, leaving only OSS and Pulse enabled?

Thanks again, and sorry for the confusion.

--
Yaakov