On 12/29/2021 3:51 AM, Achim Gratz wrote:
Am 28.12.2021 um 11:57 schrieb Marco Atzeri:
I had the impression it was in the Base category

@ perl_base
sdesc: "Perl programming language interpreter"
ldesc: "Perl programming language interpreter

That split was indeed made to enable making it available for Base packages, but that decision was never made I think.

It makes sense to me to add it to Base. Were there any objections when that was proposed before?

Or is it supposed to be pulled by another Base program ?

Base packages should not pull in non-Base packages, but it appears that info currently fails that requirement.

A lot of packages fail that requirement. I don't think it should be a requirement. To me, Base packages are those that we've decided should be in every Cygwin installation. If that forces other packages to be installed, so be it.

Ken