On 28/03/2020 19:26, Jon Turney wrote:

I've recently deployed some updates to calm, which change a few things
maintainers may notice:

* reports are now sent to package maintainers when vaulting old packages, even when that's not caused by an upload (e.g. due to a change of test: status, or expiry policy)

* the names of packages which have been completely removed are remembered so they are valid to appear in obsoletes:

* packages without a maintainer are given the additional category 'Unmaintained' in setup.ini

* package expiry refinements:

- an empty, sourceless debuginfo package, or a useless debuginfo and source package pair will be expired

- unused, deprecated, old shared library versions can be expired

unused: no packages depend on it (rdepends is empty)
deprecated: a later soversion exists (or the solibrary is no longer generated by the source package)
old: over some threshold for package age

At the moment, the package age threshold is set sufficiently high that no packages are selected, but I will be gradually winding it forward, to observe the effect on a small number of packages at a time.

Eventually, this should eliminate packages in the deprecated so report [1] with a rdepends count of zero. To reduce the rdpepends count to zero, packages which depend on a deprecated soversion need to be rebuilt for a newer soversion.

[1] https://cygwin.com/packages/reports/deprecated_so.html