On 06/12/2022 00:20, Libor Ukropec via Cygwin-apps wrote:
Dne 04.12.2022 v 15:55 Jon Turney via Cygwin-apps napsal(a):

In a very quick bit of research, it' seems the modern equivalent would be something like 'python -m build --wheel', but we don't seem to have a python-build package?

The other alternative seems to be 'pip wheel'

Attached is a cygport patch which uses that for the setup.py-less case.

(possibly we could use it in all cases, but I'm being conservative with this change)

I'm not very familiar with the evolving state of python packaging, so I think I may need a bit of help getting this right!

Hi Jon,

definitely you did not need a help - I did a test on python-fasteners

[...]

Well, I'm not quite so confident. Just because it works for one module, doesn't mean I've got it right.

But this change seems pretty low-impact since it should only change the behaviour for setup.py-less modules, which can't build at all presently, so I included it in cygport 0.35.5

Success :)

So I confirm it works at least for this one use case.

Thanks for testing.