On 2023-04-18 10:47, Christoph Reiter wrote:
On Tue, Apr 18, 2023 at 9:44 AM Corinna Vinschen wrote:
Pash pushed.  I new rebase 4.6.3 release with your patch is just
building.

Extended DLL Characteristics was added for IBT/CET/CFI and AMD/Intel Shadow Stack support has been available since W10 [20]20H1/[20]2004 in a PE Debug Directory entry with Debug Type IMAGE_DEBUG_TYPE_EX_DLLCHARACTERISTICS (20.) with value IMAGE_DLLCHARACTERISTICS_EX_CET_COMPAT (1)

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/debug/pe-format#extended-dll-characteristics

Are there any plans to support those debug directory entries and flags in genpeimg and/or peflags, and Windows shadow stack support in mingw64 and/or Cygwin?

The Linux implementation is discussed in https://lwn.net/Articles/883340/ as Intel architected the (soon former) Linux CoW PTE bit combo Write 0 Dirty 1 as Shadow Stack page flag, possibly anticipating that they could contribute kernel patches to work around this more quickly than has transpired.

I got interested in this as I plan to add Linux cpuinfo flag user_shstk, on recent CPUs and Windows releases with that support, to next Cygwin cpuinfo patch.

                                -- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry