On 5/2/2023 4:45 PM, Achim Gratz via Cygwin-apps wrote:
Jon Turney via Cygwin-apps writes:
There's an updated report available [1], which should list the
affected packages.

[1] https://cygwin.com/packages/reports/perl_rebuilds.html

Thanks.  The newly obsolated packages (due to core now recent enough)
are still shown in this list (that's probably to be expected).

I wonder if those obsoleted packages are confusing setup. In a new Cygwin installation, choosing only the base packages and cygport, setup wants to install perl-Test-Harness (and therefore perl 5.32). Or maybe there's something else causing perl 5.32 to be chosen, but I don't see it.

Ken