I've recently updated a few packages that do a serious amount of
compilation during test and it became painfully obvious that cygtest
does not run make with the "-j" option nor does it currently offer an
option to change that.

Given the brittleness of some test suites it might be prudent to keep
the default "serial" for a while and in any case not confound it with
the option of doing the build in parallel.  So the suggestion is to add
a variable MAKETESTOPTS following along MAKEOPTS example to be used in
cygport files.  I would also suggest to add a command-line option "-jt"
/ "--jobs-test" or some other suitable name plus a configuration option
for cygportrc that when set causes cygport to populate MAKETESTOPTS with
the same default as MAKEOPTS and otherwise leave it empty (keep the
current default of "serial" make).

WDYT?

Regards,
Achim.