ASSI via Cygwin-apps writes:
> Support for OpenSSL LTS v1.1.1 is ending on September 11.
>
> With the next release from upstream I will make OpenSSL LTS v3.0 current
> on Cygwin.  I've just rebuilt OpenSSH locally using the 3.0.10 test
> package without any problems and unless your package has no current
> upstream I expect no problems from switching.
>
> Please check that your packages build cleanly with the v3.0 libssl-devel
> in place.

I shall remind y'all that OpenSSL 1.1 is EOL for a month now. so please
stop building packages against it and switch to OpenSSL 3.0… all
packages that depend on OpenSSL need to make that switch latest when a
new CVE for SSL gets published, which looking at the past year can be
expected to happen just about now.

Regards,
Achim.