Mark Geisert via Cygwin-apps writes:
> I've uploaded a non-maintainer re-build of the existing inkscape
> 0.92.3. This attempts to work around a problem with the current
> inkscape reported to exit with 127 error code (missing DLL).  This
> build was produced with gcc-g++ 7.4 while the current build was
> produced with gcc-g++ 6.4.  Newer gcc-g++ releases fail to build
> inkscape due to C++ include file evolution.

Since apparently you can compile it with that compiler on an otherwise
current release of Cygwin (I assume), you should be able to request a
previous C++ or G++ standard version and have the current compiler do
the same?  The baseline for gcc-6 until gcc-10 has been C++14 and gcc-11
switched to C++17.  You should also check that the compiler is detected
correctly, there are some configure scripts that fail to take higher
version numbers (esp. double digits for the main gcc version) correctly into
account and then set bogus options.  Inkscape shouldn't have been using
C++11 until 0.93, so the appropriate standard to invoke is probably
C++98 (or thew GNU variant thereof).

Regards,
Achim.