On 18/01/2024 19:40, Jon Turney wrote:
On 18/01/2024 19:31, Jon Turney via Cygwin-apps wrote:
[...]
python-wx-devel    wxWidgets C++ application framework (Python bindings)
[...]

python-wx-devel is the last remnant of python2 bindings for wx (the python3 binding comes from a different, irregularly named source package python3-wx), so can also be removed.

Cc:ing Hamish as a note that if/when python3-wx is updated, we should see if it's now possible to rename the source package to python-wx.

Unrelated question: Do you mind if I vault the (orphaned, last updated circa 2016) wxWidgets 2.8 packages, which I assume are of very limited use to anybody...

Okay, I'd be happy to try renaming the package to python-wx the next time I update python3-wx.

I'm indifferent to the wxWidgets 2.8 packages, I've never used them and wxWIdgets 3.0 is also pretty compatible with 2.8 from my understanding, so the 2.8 packages aren't needed.

Hamish