On 19/02/2024 18:59, Ken Brown via Cygwin-apps wrote:
On 3/20/2023 7:17 PM, Jon Turney wrote:
On 20/03/2023 22:17, Ken Brown via Cygwin-apps wrote:
It looks like my plan for having scallywag deploy all the TeX Live packages won't work (see below).  calm would have to be more permissive and allow deploying a package that requires something that will be provided by a future package.

In this case, I made asymptote require tl_2023, which will be provided by the next texlive release.  But I don't want to deploy the latter until all the other packages for TeX Live 2023 have been deployed.

Unless this is easy to fix, I'll just forget about using scallywag and go back to my old method of uploading everything manually.

This is trivially fixable.

calm already has a list of 'provides which don't exist (yet)', so I think I just need to add tl_2023 and tl_basic_2023 to that list

Future work: make these regexes so we don't have same problem again in a years time.

Jon,

In preparation for TeX Live 2024, please add tl_2024 and tl_basic_2024 to the list of provides which don't exist yet (unless you've already done the regex future work).

These are controlled by regex now, so these should already be permitted, and I don't need to do anything (yay!):

    'tl_\d+'
    'tl_basic_\d+'