On 22/02/2024 20:59, Libor Ukropec via Cygwin-apps wrote:
Hi cygwiners,

I maintain duplicity package that in a new version brought yet another dependency not present in cygwin yet (setuptools_scm) but it is needed only just for build (candidate for BUILD_REQUIRES).

What is the best approach? Is it even allowed to download the python dependency via pip install during the cygport or just propose a new package (ITP)?

Thank you,
Libor

Hi Libor,
it is an ITP approved by default as needed for another existing package.

I can pack it for you as I manage most of the python packages

Let me check

Marco