Alan,

No recent patches were lost. I am talking about patches that I submitted after the 4.2.0 branch. After about two weeks you stopped committing them to both trees, even though I noted that they should be committed to both trees. I thought I remember you telling me at one point that you didn't have a local 4.2.0 tree anymore... I could be wrong, but I got the impression that I shouldn't waste more time with 4.2.0 patches, so that's what I did.

Are you telling me instead that you will be able to apply bug fixes to a stable 4.3.0 tree for the life cycle of that version? That would be nice indeed.

Harold