Hello Harold,

 Harold> Sounds to me like most of the time the MultiWindow window
 Harold> manager (-multiwindow) and the integrated clipboard manager
 Harold> (-clipboard) are failing to startup. This causes the icons to
 Harold> be left as the default icon, and it means that the clipboard
 Harold> integration between X and Windows is not present.

Ok, but Mozilla from the same host _always_ sets the upper left icon
correctly.

 Harold> In this case the clipboard integration manager and MultiWindow
 Harold> window manager *are* working and the behavior you are seeing
 Harold> with the selection becoming unselected is by design. Changing
 Harold> that design has been on the To-Do list for some time, but it
 Harold> will take roughly 40 hours to finish the work that was started
 Harold> on it.

Ok

 Harold> You need to look at /tmp/XWin.log in both of these cases.
 Harold> Better yet, send in the contents of /tmp/XWin.log for each
 Harold> instance. This will help us figure out why the window manager
 Harold> and clipboard integration manager are failing to startup.

At the moment, Murphy is here and I can't reproduce the case with
default X icon :/

I've attached log for normal behaviour and will send a folloup asa the
case reappears.

 Harold> Also, please send in the command-line parameters that you are
 Harold> passing to XWin.exe.

XWin -multiwindow -clipboard

Eric Masson

--
 BC> je ne fais rire que les dinos
 Mais vous faites gerber tous les autres.
 -+-AC in <http://www.le-gnu.net> : Dépôt de gerbe -+-