After googling the cygwin reference topic it looks like I was unsuccessful getting the message to send right. So I'll just send this to the address that I know works so you all can at least get some appreciatiation and I can get some sleep.

Thanks for the help Ivan (and Takuma). Your follow-on suggestion to Takuma's message worked perfectly. I typed twm &, and bingo... back in business. I sure appreciate all the help. This group's commitment to the development and support of cygwin is very impressive. Many thanks for maintaining and supporting such a great product.

Brian

Find a broadband plan that fits. Great local deals on high-speed Internet access. http://click.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200360ave/direct/01/