Two questions - is it an ATI video card?

And when you say newest drivers - is that the newest drivers from Microsoft, or the
newest drivers direct from your vendor?  Or maybe media center edition doesn't let you
install any drivers unless they are Microsoft approved?

In my experience, windows provided drivers are quite outdated - and in the case of ATI
- their drivers in the past have not been worth 2 cents.  I was happy when they
finally released a build of the drivers that didn't bluescreen my machine once a
day....