René Berber wrote:
Scott Fordin wrote: [snip]
Strange thing though is that it does work on another machine.

Very strange, the differences you sent don't show an invalid script
at all.  One of the 2 files has \r\n endings (that's the reason for
the first 2 differences) but as long as they are being executed by
command.com it doesn't matter.

Thanks again, René. I found the solution to the startxserver.bat
problem! Using one of your clues, I discovered that the Singular
post-install script did not update my PATH correctly. I fixed the
PATH to c:\cygwin\bin and c:\cygwin\X11R6\bin, and lo, the X
startup script worked.

You can create a shortcut to startx.sh and then edit its "Properties"
so the target ends up like: C:\cygwin\bin\run.exe -p /usr/X11R6/bin/
bash --login -c startx [Ref:http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.os.cygwin.xfree/16545]

Excellent. This is just what I was looking for.

I use a shortcut to start X Windows only (no xterm):

C:\cygwin\bin\run.exe -p /usr/X11R6/bin XWin -multiwindow -clipboard
-silent-dup-error -dpi 100

Very nice. Thanks again René. I really appreciate your thoughtful

Best regards,

Scott