Koziatek, Joseph wrote:
Hi All,

I'm running Cygwin X on a Dell/Windows XP to get a full Xsession on a
Solaris box and occasionally my X clipboard fails to work between X and
MS Windows. It takes quite some time (weeks) for it to happen. The MS
Windows clipboard continues to work withen itself and the X clipboard
continues to work withen itself (other X Windows) but they don't work
with each other. Once it fails I need to restart the X Server in it's
entirety to get X clipboard and MS Windows clipboard to talk to each
other.

I use ClipMate from Thornsoft Development (http://www.thornsoft.com).
It does cost money, but it is totally worth it, IMHO. It works very
well with Cygwin, and in any case, on the rare occasions that I've
lost the connection between ClipMate and some other app, ClipMate's
"Re-Establish Clipboard Connection" command restores the connection
without any problems and without having to close the app to which
you're trying to connect.

Scott

I installed this Cygwin about 8 months ago from one of the Cygwin setup
mirror sites.

I am using the -clipboard option to XWin:

"XWin -nodecoration  -emulate3buttons -clipboard -silent-dup-error
-query my_solaris_box"

Is there a way that I can recover clipboad functionality between X and
MS Windows WITHOUT RESTART of entire X Server?

Also, I really don't want to take the time to do an entire Cygwin
re-installation now, but would like to know if there is a quick simple
fix..

I appreciate your advice.

Joe