Hi,

I run cygwin X with the supplied startxwin.bat. That
is the Xwin command is:

run XWin -multiwindow -clipboard -silent-dup-error

But I found that it doesn't really matter, how I
launch XWin. In single window mode the problem also
occurs.

I ran cygcheck xterm.exe and also cygcheck rxvt.exe.
Neither reports any errors. All references are to
DLLs, for rxvt the output looks like so:

# cygcheck rxvt.exe
Found: C:\cygwin\bin\rxvt.exe
C:\cygwin\bin\rxvt.exe
  C:\cygwin\bin\cygwin1.dll
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\ADVAPI32.DLL
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntdll.dll
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\KERNEL32.dll
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\RPCRT4.dll
  C:\WINDOWS\system32\USER32.dll
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\GDI32.dll

and just for reference the error I receive is:

~# rxvt
_X11TransOpen: Unable to find transport for tcp
rxvt: can't open display 127.0.0.1:0.0

Thanks for your help so far. Juergen

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=31242928&forum_id=43555