* Robert Neville (Mon, 30 Apr 2007 15:45:46 -0700)
> On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 21:47:39 +0100, Thorsten Kampe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >* Robert Neville (Mon, 30 Apr 2007 10:18:15 -0700)
> >> I am not sure if this is the appropriate group. In addition, searching
> >> through
> >> these gmane newsgroups is not straightforward since Google groups does not
> >> return them.
> >>
> >> Startx fails to initialize when it worked yesterday. I ran setup and the
> >> process may have not
> >> completed (it was late and I needed to sleep). After running setup.exe
> >> again, I navigated to the
> >> System category and reinstalled rebase. Then I reviewed the README file;
> >> kill all processes
> >> associated with cygwin; ran ash; and typed /bin/rebaseall -v; the utility
> >> performed some actions and
> >> returned without errors.
> >>
> >> I fired up a cygwin window and startx would still not initialize. The
> >> console gave me the following
> >> font error.
> >>
> >> sageQueue trapped WM_QUIT message, exiting main loop.
> >> winClipboardProc - XDestroyWindow succeeded.
> >> FreeFontPath: FPE "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc/" refcount is 2, should
> >> be 1; fixing.
> >>
> >> The cygwin console appears fully functional. The console has returned some
> >> errors when running make,
> >> but these issues may be completely separate. Please give me whatever
> >> insight you may have on these
> >> scenarios. I have already spent considerable time troubleshooting these
> >> issues and need better
> >> guidance.
> >>
> >> After rebooting the computer and typing startx, cygwin gave me the
> >> following error message.
> >> [...]
> >> winProcEstablishConnection - winInitClipboard returned.
> >> winClipboardProc - Hello
> >> winMultiWindowXMsgProc - XOpenDisplay () returned and successfully opened
> >> the di
> >> splay.
> >> winInitMultiWindowWM - XOpenDisplay () returned and successfully opened
> >> the disp
> >> lay.
> >> DetectUnicodeSupport - Windows NT/2000/XP
> >> winClipboardProc - DISPLAY=127.0.0.1:0.0
> >> winClipboardProc - XOpenDisplay () returned and successfully opened the
> >> display.
> >>
> >> winProcSetSelectionOwner - Clipboard not yet started, aborting.
> >> winProcSetSelectionOwner - Clipboard not yet started, aborting.
> >>
> >> waiting for X server to shut down winClipboardProc -
> >> winClipboardFlushWindowsMes
> >> sageQueue trapped WM_QUIT message, exiting main loop.
> >> winClipboardProc - XDestroyWindow succeeded.
> >>
> >> winClipboardIOErrorHandler!
> >
> >Well, if there is an winClipboardIOErrorHandler error (whatever that
> >is) you should try starting without "-clipboard" says my common
> >sense...
>
> I am not familiar with the startx options. The man page only has basic info
> about startx. I tried
> [...]

"XWin was started with the following command line:
X :0 -multiwindow -clipboard""

Read again my posting. I said "without" and not "with" (which wouldn't
make sense at all if there is a "winClipboardIOError"). "startx" is a
shell script. Copy it, find the line where XWin is started and remove
the arguments (parameters). Then start this script.

Thorsten