Just so you all know, it looks like installing the Xorg-related
packages on my Solaris 10 machine (not difficult using the Sun
Update Manager tool (/bin/updatemanager)) did the trick. No more
X resource crashes on things like keyboard input (viz. XKEYBOARD).

I hope other people find this useful.

Scott