Ken Brown wrote:
>On 11/26/2009 2:30 AM, Lothar Brendel wrote:
>> Errh, yes. Hence, to make Cygwin/X+xterm run out of the box (using
the
>> start menu shortcut), you have to install the CJK fonts. One more

>There are three packages: font-isas-misc, font-jis-misc, and
>font-daewoo-misc.

I installed those fonts, added LANG as the variable and C as the Value
to the System control panel (System Properties, Advanced tab, Environ-
ment Variables button, New System variables), put "SET CYGWIN=%CYGWIN%
tty" and "%RUN% sleep 5" (separately) into the startxwin.bat.

Nothing works.  1.7 doesn't work for me out-of-the-box (yes, I ripped
it all out and tried it fresh :-)

I open a DOS box and check processes and see bash running with an l or
a 1 in the left columnn, but nothing appears.  If I launch an Xterm
it opens up.  It seems some of the login thing happen, but when I add
in my ssh-agent starting script, since it requires input, it fails
(http://mah.everybody.org/docs/ssh is the script I use).

Any other ideas?  I keep updating but so far all I can do is launch
an Xterm manually and clean up, then everything seems fine til the
next time I relaunch it.

Brian