Hi,

I’m using Xwin.exe (version 5. Feb 2012, X.org servers – 1.11.4-3) on my
Windows 7 system. When connecting with XDCMP (using startxdcmp.bat, with %RUN%
XWin -query %REMOTE_HOST% -once -lesspointer -clipboard -emulate3buttons),
after connect, the CPU load is about 50%. Even when nothing is done (only the
CDE desktop is running, nothing else).

On another Windows 7 system, also connecting with XDCMP to the same server,
same CDE, the CPU load is not that high. The version of XWin is one of 5. Feb
2009.

The XCDMP server is a Solaris 10 system, using Solaris classic CDE (not the
Java Desktop environment). The high CPU load did not happen when the CDE waits
for the logon screen, but happens as soon as login was completed.

Regards,
Kees

BTW. Just when I was writing this email I decided to check (again) for a newer
version, and there was one… Moving to X.org servers 1.11.4-5 seems to solve
this issue ☺. However, I did not find any release note telling that this
problem was solved….