On 09/11/2014 20:49, Angelo Graziosi wrote:
Il 09/11/2014 21:16, Jon TURNEY ha scritto:
On 09/11/2014 15:38, Angelo Graziosi wrote:
From another application I have an issue with libX11 which I can
reproduce with the following STC,

I don't think this test case is well-formed.

int main()
{
   dis = XOpenDisplay(NULL);
   win = XCreateSimpleWindow(dis, RootWindow(dis, 0), 1, 1, 500, 500,
                             0, BlackPixel (dis, 0), BlackPixel(dis,
0));

   XMapWindow(dis, win);

A 'XSelectInput(dis, win, KeyPress)' is needed here to tell the X server
that this client wishes to receive KeyPress event.s

I found the issue trying the examples of libXbgi library
(http://libxbgi.sourceforge.net), so I tried to create a STC adapting
the example discusses here:

https://user.xmission.com/~georgeps/documentation/tutorials/Xlib_Beginner.html

Anyway, the STC on Cygwin64 doesn't work if I add your suggestion,

XMapWindow(dis, win);
XSelectInput(dis, win, KeyPress);

Oops.  I think that should be KeyPressMask.

XFlush(dis);

I am not an X11 expert, so it could be I am doing the wrong things but
the same code runs fine on OSX+XQuartz and GCC-4.9.1.

as I wrote, on OSX it works (there XQuartz is 2.7.7). For this reason I
flagged this to X-Cygwin list..

I tried with XQuartz 2.7.8_beta1 and I couldn't reproduce that.

On which system? OSX?

XQuartz doesn't run on anything else :D

--
Jon TURNEY