Just for completeness...

Jon TURNEY wrote:

he following packages have been updated in the Cygwin distribution:

*** xorg-server-*1.17.1-1

While installing the TEST version of Cygwin, a "next" was clicked too soon and these 'xorg' packages were installed. OK.

The fact is that I have some X apps which I run from command line (MinTTY) as in this example:

$ DISPLAY=127.0.0.1:0.0 ./libXbgi_helios_orbits.out

Obviously, I have already started the X server, from a link on tool bar, being

target: C:\cygwin64\bin\run.exe --quote bash -l -c "rm -rf /tmp/.X*; XWin -multiwindow -clipboard -silent-dup-error 2>/dev/null &"

But with this 1.7.1 release, I get always:

  Cannot connect to X server

even if the X server is running (the X icon on sys-tray, with all its items menu if one right clicks..)

Reverting to 1.6 fixes the issue...

Ciao,
 Angelo.