Base-files has been updated to version 4.3-2. This is a feature
release, currently available for testing (you need to manually select
that version in setup.exe).
4.3-2 (bugfix/feature release)
* etc/defaults/etc/skel/.bashrc: Remove outdated comments on
completion and mention the bash_completion package as a
prerequisite. See cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2016-03/msg00207.html
* etc/postinstall/base-files-profile.sh: If a non-default file is
kept, show a diff to the default version if /bin/diff is
installed and the target is a plain file.
* etc/postinstall/base-files-profile.sh: Do not touch file before
installing so the modes are kept intact, like cygport is already
doing for some time. Reported by Christian Franke, see
4.3-1 (feature release)
* Cygwin.bat: Add to base-files. This version is independent of
the actual install path, see:
* etc/defaults/etc/profile: Allow the use of the unaltered
existing system PATH by setting the system variable
* etc/defaults/etc/profile: avoid second invocation of
/usr/bin/hostname. Reported by Helmut Karlowski, see
* etc/postinstall/base-files-mketc.sh (WINETC): Use /proc/cygdrive
prefixed path which keeps working even if the user changes the
/cygdrive prefix after installation.
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple