Ben via cygwin wrote:
> Assume my CgyWin (on a windows 7) is currently NOT started.
>
> Assume I want to call from Windows my CgyWin and pass a command to
> execute.
>
> Afterwards CygWin should automatically be closed again.
>
> How can I achieve this?

C:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe -c "command"

You will find that successfully navigating the Command Prompt, Cygwin's and
"bash -c"'s escaping rules to be entertaining for advanced commands.

You can also achieve similar with mintty.exe -e (which will launch the terminal
emulator, instead of using an existing console window, or opening a new one).
Similar fun with escaping unusual commands.

See, for example,
https://github.com/ocaml/opam/blob/43e4c778/appveyor_build.cmd#L93

David