Nope - that works ok.  (BTW - you were fast on the reply!)

I did try:
        E:\>dos2unix -n Zot.txt Foo.txt
        dos2unix: converting file Zot.txt to file Foo.txt in Unix format...
        E:\>ls
         Foo.txt    Zot.txt

I thought using -n might suffice as a quick workaround for Fergus so I tried:

        E:\>dos2unix -n Zot.txt Zot.txt
        dos2unix: converting file Zot.txt to file Zot.txt in Unix format...
        E:\>ls
         Foo.txt  ZOT.TXT

Nuts!  So the problem manifests if the input and output files are the same
whether using -n or not.  (Sorry Fergus - no workaround.)

As an aside, I experimented with "ed" to change a file and re-write it
presuming it might behave as dos2nix - nope - it preserved mixed case ok.

Michel