Hello all,

I'm running a Windows 10 VM with a fairly recent installation of Cygwin (last
month or so).

If I ssh into the box as the user "foo", I cannot create a scheduled task for
the user:

foo@host $ schtasks /create /ru foo /rp fooPassword /sc HOURLY /tn foobar /tr
'echo foo'
ERROR: The user name or password is incorrect.

If on the otherhand I log in as the user "bar" and run exactly the same
command, the scheduled task is created

bar@host $ schtasks /create /ru foo /rp fooPassword /sc HOURLY /tn foobar4 /tr
'echo foo'
SUCCESS: The scheduled task "foobar4" has successfully been created.

If I log into the VM with remote desktop as the user foo, I can create the task.

I have tried substituting /ru and /rp with /u and /p but get the error
ERROR: User credentials are not allowed on the local machine.

I am not sure what is going on and would love some help.

Thanks
-John