On Wed, 20 Feb 2019, Houder wrote:
On Wed, 20 Feb 2019 22:41:08, Corinna Vinschen  wrote:

On Feb 20 22:35, Houder wrote:
[snip]

Perhaps I missed something in the last couple of month. Did I have
to change
something in the setup of openssh?

I really don't know, this all works fine for me.  Try switching the
account starting sshd from cyg_server to LocalSystem and change
ownership of all files /etc/ssh* to SYSTEM.

I carried out Andy M.'s instruction and it worked (as I wrote). The
files you mention above are still owned by cyg_server (and readable
by group Adminstrators).

Henri

i, too, made the switch to Local System startup for the sshd daemon. i also changed ownership of the /etc/ssh* files to SYSTEM. now, ssh services, under 3.0.1-1, are working as expected.

many thanks to henri and andy. and thank you. corinna, for your kind marshalling of this group and cygwin.

--
s. cowles
scow...@ckhb.org