Steven Penny writes:
> No matter which on we look at "libopenldap2_4_2" is required. Now, let go one
> more step:
>
>    @ libopenldap2_4_2
>    requires: cygwin libopenssl100 libsasl2_3
>    depends2: cygwin, libopenssl100, libsasl2_3
>
> No matter which one we look at, the twice obsolete SSL is being used. Achim,
> in
> the future, I think it would be helpful for you to check your facts before
> posting.

Or maybe you should do that and lose the attitude?

Just to keep the record straight, you've been originally asking about
direct dependencies of curl, not transitory ones; so no, I didn't look
at those.  What has been obsoleted is actually libopenssl100; and it was
replaced by compatibility shims in libssl-1.0 for libraries and
applications that did not yet make the jump to the new API.  It would
all have been fairly obvious if you had looked at the announcement mails
and the actual library names.  Your cygcheck output shows that this
obsoletion has worked just the way it was supposed to.

Regards,
Achim.