On Thu, 13 Feb 2020 22:42:31 +0100
Peter Dons Tychsen wrote:
> On Thu, 2020-02-13 at 13:13 +0900, Takashi Yano wrote:
> > Could you please try latest snapshot?
> > https://cygwin.com/snapshots/
>
> The commit regarding use of kill() does the trick.
> It's a go from here :-).
>
> Thanks for all the help,

Thanks for testing.

I had looked into the make problem further, and found this
was not caused by the errno overwriting, but by calling
sig_dispatch_pending() in fixup_after_exec() via kill().

fixup_after_exec() is called from dll_crt0_0(). It seems
that calling sig_dispatch_pending() from dll_crl0_0()
causes hangs everywhere (even outside PTY).

I am not sure what exactly does sig_dispatch_pending()
and why this causes the problem, anyway, using pinfo()
rather than kill() solves the issue.

Thanks.

--
Takashi Yano <takashi.y...@nifty.ne.jp>