On 21.01.2021 18:06, Hamish McIntyre-Bhatty via Cygwin wrote:

install one and it will remove the other, also as they have
the same content in this case

That makes sense, but that's not what happened here - it prompted to
remove "pylint" itself and install "python38-plint" but only after
running setup again after installing the new test "pylint" package.
Maybe I'm being a bit stupid but this seems like weird behaviour in
setup.exe - I would have expected it to do this when I asked to upgrade
"pylint" in the first place, or to automatically install
"python38-pylint" when I selected "pylint".

Hamish

probably a consequence of being still test classified packages

Marco