On 2/15/2021 6:18 PM, Ken Brown via Cygwin wrote:
On 2/14/2021 9:48 PM, Jim Brain wrote:
On 2/14/2021 8:21 PM, Ken Brown via Cygwin wrote:

  strace -o rsync.strace rsync...

Then post rsync.strace somewhere where people can look at it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v1n9i77jhq3b3zh/rsync.strace?dl=0

Thanks.  For the sake of comparison, could you also post the strace output from a successful (64-bit) run?  I saw a suspicious CreateProcess failure, but I'd like to be sure it doesn't occur in the successful run also.

I just took a closer look at the CreateProcess failure and saw that it was trying to start 64-bit ssh. It looks like your problem is that you forgot to install openssh in your 32-bit Cygwin installation.

Ken