Am 13.05.2021 um 03:41 schrieb Brian Inglis:

On 2021-05-12 12:30, Thomas Wolff wrote:
Am 12.05.2021 um 12:42 schrieb Jonathan Yong via Cygwin:
On 5/12/21 9:14 AM, Thomas Wolff wrote:
Am 10.05.2021 um 21:13 schrieb Achim Gratz:
The native and mingw-w64 cross compilers have been updated for both
architectures to the latest upstream release version:
  gcc-11.1.0-0.1

Are there any known problems with gcc 11? My program crashes if compiled with gcc -O2; gcc -O1 works, gcc 10 also works.
Do you mean that building mintty with gcc 11 -O2 breaks mintty?
No, this is actually about another program, my text editor mined (just migrating to github).

  mingw64-i686-gcc-11.1.0-0.1
  mingw64-x86_64-gcc-11.1.0-0.1

This test release includes libgccjit as a separate package for the
native toolchain on both architectures.  Since Cygwin can't use ASLR any nontrivial dynamic objects that get created in this way will likely need
to get rebased before they can be used (especially on 32bit). It is
unlikely that build systems recognize the need for doing that at the
moment.

Please test these compilers with your packages and applications as
extensively as possible (especially if you are a Cygwin package
maintainer).  Unless problems are found that necessitate another round of testing, the plan is to bootstrap the support libraries with the new
toolchain and do a non-test update in about two to four weeks.

Does stripping the optimized executable fix things?

No

Are you also able to produce a minimal test case?

Hardly. Behaviour is totally erratic. If I let the stacktrace tell me where it crashed and make the function empty, it happens somewhere else...