[Please don't top-post on this list.  Thanks.]

On 7/6/2021 5:15 AM, Ruurd Beerstra wrote:
Hi,

I missed those question - sorry. This ping is the first I saw i response to my question.

That was my guess and was the reason I added you to the CC on the ping and on this message. (The custom on this list is *not* to do that.)

The drive "i:" is a simple "subst":

C:\>subst
I:\: => C:\users\ruurd

C:\>

But, to my surprise, that actually causes the problem!  The cygwin64.broken is the Cygwin version with the problem. If I use the SUBST drive, I get the wrong dates, sizes and inodes. When I use it directly, it is OK!

[...]

I think I see the commit that introduced this bug, and Corinna just reverted it.

I'll try and use the snapshot this evening.

Or you could wait until Corinna has a chance to make a new snapshot that includes what I think is the fix.

Ken