Am 18.09.2021 um 22:20 schrieb Ken Brown via Cygwin:
On 9/18/2021 4:01 PM, Denis Excoffier wrote:
On 2021-09-17 22:33, Ken Brown via Cygwin-announce <cygwin-annou...@cygwin.com> wrote:

The following packages have been uploaded to the Cygwin distribution as test
releases:

* cygwin-3.3.0-0.1.9814cfd8f693
* cygwin-devel-3.3.0-0.1.9814cfd8f693
* cygwin-doc-3.3.0-0.1.9814cfd8f693

Hello,

It seems to me that the files Makefile.in, aclocal.m4, configure (and the like) are missing from the folder (and sub-folders of) newlib-cygwin/winsup found within the cygwin-3.3.0-0.1.9814cfd8f693.src/newlib-cygwin-3.3.0.tar.bz2 file stored in cygwin-3.3.0-0.1.9814cfd8f693-src.tar.xz.

The build now uses automake, and the missing files you refer to are all generated.  Start by running winsup/autogen.sh.
This is a very bad idea (as I had commented before). There are too many build system around already and now there's even a proprietary script to run as a first step for cygwin. If there's anything useful that this script accomplishes, why can't it just be invoked automatically from the makefile or configure script so everything works as expected? It's a gross violation of the principle of least surprise.

Ken