Hi Takashi,

Takashi Yano via Cygwin wrote:
I noticed that cygwin clipboard is not compatible
between 32bit and 64bit cygwin.

If I run 'echo AAAAAAAA > /dev/clipboard' in 32bit cygwin,
and run 'cat /dev/clipboard' in 64bit cygwin, this result in
cat: /dev/clipboard: Bad address

This is because the structure
typedef struct
{
   timestruc_t   timestamp;
   size_t    len;
   char      data[1];
} cygcb_t;
defined in fhandler_clipboard.cc has different size.

Is this the known issue?

I doubt anybody has ever tried what you did. I have been testing getclip and putclip between 32- and 64-bit environments, but neglected to test Cygwin-internal clipboard format that prepends cygcb_t to the user-supplied data. So getclip and putclip will need fixing as well.

I will submit a Cygwin patch to fix /dev/clipboard usage and a similar patch to cygutils for the utilities.

I appreciate your help in uncovering and investigating bugs in clipboard
support.
Thanks & Regards,

..mark