On 5/14/2022 1:32 PM, Jim Reisert AD1C wrote:
On Fri, May 13, 2022 at 8:05 PM Ken Brown wrote:

Sorry, no idea.  I can't reproduce it.  Does it happen with emacs -Q?  Is
dconf-service running when you get this message?  It's running on my system.

It still happens with "emacs -Q"

dconf-service is *not* running.  Should it be?  How would I start it?

Never mind. I generally have HexChat running, and it turns out that this starts dconf-service. So I don't know of any reason why emacs would expect it to be running.

Is there actually a problem as far as you can tell, or is it just an annoying error message? If the latter, I would just ignore it.

On 5/14/2022 1:39 PM, Jim Reisert AD1C wrote:
> One other possibly-related piece. When I start emacs, I see this:
>
> # emacs -Q counties.cpp
>
> ** (emacs:4784): WARNING **: Error retrieving accessibility bus
> address: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Spawn.ChildExited: Process
> org.a11y.Bus exited with status 1

I've seen messages like this for years.  Again, I think you can safely ignore
it.

Ken