On 09/07/2022 01:58, Lavrentiev, Anton (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [C] via Cygwin wrote:
The latest version of gdb that is not a test version is 11.2. But
you are using 9.2.

I am using the older dumper as well, my working cygwin is not cutting edge.

$ dumper -V
dumper (cygwin) 3.2.0

What I am coming at is that if dumper is not consistent with gdb,
that does not make any sense.  They should always be consistent at
any given time, so if the packages (dumper's and gdb's) installed together,
they would be able to cooperate.

Ideally, that would be the case.

Unfortunately, for a long time, on x86_64, dumper wasn't working correctly, and gdb couldn't read those dumps, and nobody cared enough to do anything about it.

This was fixed in gdb-10.1-1 [1] (upstream in gdb 11) and cygwin 3.1.7.

If you choose to use earlier versions on x86_64, it's a known defect that it won't work.

[1] https://cygwin.com/pipermail/cygwin-announce/2020-October/009752.html