On Fri, 21 Oct 2022 18:49:28 +0000, William Hu wrote:
When trying to run the pre-built examples in the ncurses-demo-6.3-1.20220416
package, nothing happens - the bash prompt simply scrolls to the next line. This
happens for all the example programs, not just one.
However, if I compile the ncurses examples from source locally on my machine
with Cygwin, they run normally through a Cygwin prompt. Additionally, it
seems the previous version (6.1-1.20190727) works fine too, so this seems
like a bug in the latest version. I’m running Cygwin on 64-bit Windows 10 -
let me know if you need more info.
Works fine for me with all test packages upgraded to the same version and either shell restarted or DLLs rebased by setup.

Please check that libncursesw10 has also been upgraded to the same version 6.3-1.20220416 e.g.

        $ grep ncurses /etc/setup/installed.db
        libncursesw10 libncursesw10-6.3-1.20220416.tar.bz2 0
        ncurses-demo ncurses-demo-6.3-1.20220416.tar.bz2 1

--
Take care. Thanks, Brian Inglis                 Calgary, Alberta, Canada

La perfection est atteinte                      Perfection is achieved
non pas lorsqu'il n'y a plus rien à ajouter     not when there is no more to add
mais lorsqu'il n'y a plus rien à retirer        but when there is no more to cut
                        -- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry