On 17/11/2022 15:18, Carlo B. wrote:
Hello,
at this address I did a repository of packages that I made for CYGWIN:

https://github.com/carlo-bramini/packages-cygwin

Sometimes, when I need something not existing (or newer) into the
official list of packages for CYGWIN, I upload it here.
All these packages exists also in all major linux distributions.
I hope that you will find it useful.

Thanks for working on these.

I'd really encourage you to share your updated .cygport files on the cygwin-apps list, even if you don't wish to take over maintainer-ship of those packages.

That means your efforts are available via our setup and package repository mirrors, and so will reach a wider audience than just hosting the package yourself.