Am 12/12/2022 um 1:12 PM schrieb Corinna Vinschen:
On Dec 12 11:21, Frank Redeker via Cygwin wrote:
$ pwd
/cygdrive/s/ado

$ realpath /cygdrive/s/ado/msadox.dll
/cygdrive/s/ado/msadox.dll

$ realpath msadox.dll
/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Common Files/System/ado/msadox.dll

Is there any way to restore the old behavior. Since with the new behavior my
tests no longer work.

It's not easy.  If we remove the new behaviour entirely, we break
other scenarios which were broken in the old version.  While it
*seems* easy to fix your specific scenario, it will break again
as soon as the substitution drive is used inside a native symlink.

Virtual drive letters were always a problem and it doesn't get easier
with Windows functions not allowing to specify whether one wants to
follow symlinks or virt drives in inner path components or not.

Let's consider this problem again, but I don't see a quick and easy
solution.

Corinna
Hello Corinna, I am willing to create my own version, tailored to my needs.

It would be nice if you could provide me with the commit that was used to implement the new behavior. (I guess the change is found inside the
*git://sourceware.org/git/newlib-cygwin.git* repository)

Frank