Hi Brian, and thank you very much for the response!

We read the announcement and that's why we decided to kindly ask, if the
cygwin developers team would consider to make sure, that Windows Server
2012 (NOT R2) will be supported by cygwin until its end of support by
microsoft.

This is exactly why we ask. Accoring to the announcement, if Cygwin 3.5 is
released next week, Windows Server 2012 (NOT R2) will be left without
support and updates until October 2023