I have a new Windows 11 machine. I ran setup V2.925 with command-line options for my default set of packages, clicked through installation, and specified start menu but no desktop icon. Install seemed to go smoothly, but while there was a start menu folder for Cygwin with documentation, there was no "Cygwin64 Terminal" link.

I found the folder under /ProgramData/Microsoft/Windows/Start\ Menu/Programs/Cygwin, and the shortcut was there, but it had the wrong permissions. It showed up as ---rwxr-x. I executed chmod u+rx 'Cygwin64 Terminal.lnk' and restarted, and now it shows up and works as expected.

Please let me know if I can shed any more light on what's going on here.