Good afternoon!

On Fri, 11 Aug 2023 at 18:21, Brian Inglis <brian.ing...@shaw.ca> wrote:

> On 2023-08-11 09:45, Cedric Blancher via Cygwin wrote:
> > Does Cygwin have a tool like lsof which can list which files or
> > directories are in use by a Windows process?
>
> You can check these things yourself using the Cygwin Search Packages page:
>
>         https://cygwin.com/packages/
>
> type "usr/bin/lsof" and hit Enter:
>
>         https://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/package-grep.cgi?grep=usr%2Fbin%2Ffuser
>
>         Search Results
>
>         Found 0 matches for usr/bin/lsof
>
> and the same on the command line:
>
>         $ cygcheck -p usr/bin/lsof
>         Found 0 matches for usr/bin/lsof
>
> but Cygwin does have fuser:
>
> $ cygcheck -p usr/bin/fuser
> Found 6 matches for usr/bin/fuser
> cygfuse-3.2.0-2 - cygfuse: Cygwin interface to Windows FUSE providers
> cygfuse-3.2.0-3 - cygfuse: Cygwin interface to Windows FUSE providers
> psmisc-debuginfo-22.20-1 - psmisc-debuginfo: Debug info for psmisc
> psmisc-debuginfo-23.4-4 - psmisc-debuginfo: Debug info for psmisc
> psmisc-22.20-1 - psmisc: Utilities for managing processes on your system
> psmisc-23.4-4 - psmisc: Utilities for managing processes on your system
>
> and Windows has openfiles:
>
> $ cmd /c help openfiles
>
> OPENFILES /parameter [arguments]

>      Enables an administrator to list or disconnect files and folders
>      that have been opened on a system.
>
> Parameter List:
>      /Disconnect      Disconnects one or more open files.
>
>      /Query           Displays files opened locally or from shared
>                       folders.
>
>      /Local           Enables / Disables the display of local open files.
>
>      /?               Displays this help message.
>
> Examples:
>      OPENFILES /Disconnect /?
>      OPENFILES /Query /?
>      OPENFILES /Local /?

Thank you.

But neither openfiles or fuser seem to work in this case, even if I
have a file open in my bash shell, and call fuser in the same bash
script:

bash -c 'command exec {n}</mynfsmount/myfile.txt ; echo "fd=$n" ;
fuser -a /mynfsmount ; true'

gives

fd=10
/mynfsmount:

(no processes listed, which might be correct, as maybe a non cygwin
process has that file open)

Ced
--
Cedric Blancher <cedric.blanc...@gmail.com>